Sunday, April 10, 2011

Cinnamon Raisin French Toast Sticks




So easy and delicious, I can't believe I haven't done this before!

Ingredients
3 slices cinnamon raisin bread
2 eggs
1/4 cup milk or cream
dash of almond extract
butter for pan frying

Directions
Purchase (or make!) some thickly sliced or unsliced cinnamon raisin bread.  If unsliced, slice into 3 two inch slices,  and then cut each slice into a 2 inch wide strip.  In a bowl, mix together eggs, milk and almond extract.   Heat frying pan or griddle to Med-Low heat.  When pan is hot, melt the butter in it- enough to coat the bottom of the pan.  Dip each strip of bread, making sure to coat each side and the ends and place in pan.  Cook each side for about 5 minutes.  You may need to reapply butter if you're working in smaller batches.  If you're making a lot at once, keep a ceramic plate in the oven @  200-250 F and store the cooked strips in there until you're ready to serve.  Serve with fresh fruit and maple syrup for dipping.  Dust with powdered sugar or some extra cinnamon if you like.
Enjoy!!



2 comments:

  1. This really does sound wonderful. I am new to your blog and I've spent some time browsing through your earlier entries. You are an adventurous blogger and I love that. I really like the food and recipes you feature here and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! The best part of it it's easy! Thanks for sharing! I am your newest follower and would like to invite you to follow my blog too!

    http://personalfoodjournal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete