Sunday, January 24, 2010

Chocolate Hazelnut Smeared Strawberry Toaster Pastry


I've been working on some ideas to improve upon the simple toaster pastry, or Pop Tart if you will.  I like to keep it clean and use the Nature's Path brand pictured below.  I've got a few Toaster Pastry recipe ideas up my sleave, but any suggestions are welcome, just drop me a line.

I thought I'd start with a simple improvement by adding some off-brand Nutella from Italy called Fantastico (yes, thank you Big Lots) to the top of  the pastry, as if it were a slice of toast.  The result is a warm strawberry-chocoolate-hazelnut treat that far surpasses the lone tart.
            


Ingredients
1-2 Strawberry Toaster Pastries
~ 1-2 tbsp Chocolate Hazelnut Spread

Directions
Toast your Toaster Pastry (or Pastries) and then spread Chocolate Hazelnut spread on top! You could even go nuts and sprinkle the top with, well, nuts!  (or shredded coconut or sprinkles or those silver ball bearings...)


yum.

2 comments:

  1. You'll always be one of my favorite innovators, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just made our night. best invention ever

    ReplyDelete